LIFE Groups are the backbone of community life at TCC. These small groups act as mini-churches, committed to meeting regularly to share and cultivate Christian community. LIFE Groups foster an environment in which people can grow as followers of Christ, as well as serve and bless others. LIFE Groups are designed are designed around four key values:
- Learning: An opportunity to study God’s word, and a commitment to grow as followers of Christ.
- Intimacy: Being honest, authentic, and helping each other to connect and belong by caring for one another, and encouraging each other through the natural ebb and flow of life.
- Fun: People who will laugh with each other, play together and celebrate life together.
- Extending: Regularly serving together to extend the love of Christ to local towns and communities.
Why should I join a LIFE Group?
The Bible is full of “one another” passages that call us to be closely involved with others in order that we might learn and imitate the types of attitudes and behaviors that characterize Christian community. LIFE Groups teach us how to:
- Love one another (John 13:34)
- Be devoted to one another (Romans 12:10)
- Accept one another (Romans 15:7)
- Carry each other’s burdens (Galatians 6:2)
- Forgive each other (Ephesians 4:32)
We grow as disciples as we grow in community! Our desire is that everyone who is a part of TCC will become part of a LIFE Group.
A Little More About LIFE Groups
- Time Commitment: LIFE Groups will typically meet 3-4 times a month for a couple of hours.
- Curriculum: LIFE Groups study books of the Bible, books by Christian authors, or various in-depth video teaching series. The goal is for LIFE Groups to discuss and learn together how to apply God’s word to their life.
- Format: The meeting format includes informal conversations, a formal time of sharing, worship, study, discussion and prayer. Some LIFE Groups eat dinner together!
- Serving: Groups are encouraged to find ways to serve together in local communities 4-6 times a year.
- Partnering with Missionaries: We link each LIFE group with a TCC supported missionary to pray for them and keep the church connected to our mission partners both locally and overseas.
How do I join a LIFE Group?
Joining a LIFE group is very simple. Choosing either of these steps will have you connected to a LIFE Group quickly:
- Contact Pastor Kyle
- If you know of someone who is already in a small group, ask them to join their group!
- Speak to a host at the Connection Hub on Sunday morning, and they will take your name and number in order for someone to contact you about joining a LIFE Group.