TCC Children’s Ministry strives to be a loving, gospel-centered community where children grow in their faith journey by building friendships, knowing Christ and his Word, experiencing his transformative love and living in light of his truth.
By the time children graduate from these age levels, we want them to know…
INFANTS through Preschool
- God loves me
- God made me
- Jesus wants to be my friend forever
- I need to make the wise choice
- I can trust God no matter what
- I should treat others the way I want to be treated [Material and curriculum developed by the ReThink Group.]
First Time Guests
- When you arrive on a Sunday morning, please come to the Children’s Ministry desk adjacent to the main lobby.
- Our welcome team will help you complete a Children’s Ministry Registration Form, unless you have pre-registered online by Thursday. Children’s Ministry Online Registration.
- Your child will be given a nametag and you will be given a claim tag, which you will need to pick your child up at the end of service.
- You and your child will then be escorted to your child’s classroom.
- Allergy Alert: If your child has an allergy, please go here for information and additional forms.
Worship Services At A Glance
TBD: ‘Live the Adventure’ (LTA) ministry is for children, infant-grade 5.
- Infant – Grade 5 children spend the entire hour in ‘Live the Adventure’.
- On “First Sundays Together,” our K-5 children begin the hour in worship with their families, and are dismissed after 20 minutes.
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN MY CHILD ARRIVES ON SUNDAY?
WELCOME: After being checked in at the welcome desk, children will either go to their rooms, or begin the church service with their parents and then go to their rooms (depending on the service schedule – see Worship Service at a Glace). When children arrive in their rooms, they will be welcomed by their small group leaders (SGL) and connect with their friends while participating in a quick activity introducing the weekly Truth or Bottom Line.
LARGE GROUP: Kids will then transition into large group where they will participate in kid-friendly worship and hear the Bible story through interactive and media-supported creative teaching.
SMALL GROUP CONNECT: Kids will return to their small groups to participate in developmentally and spiritually age appropriate activities to grasp that week’s Truth and bottom line and make it relevant to their lives. The leaders and kids will pray for, challenge, and encourage one another to apply what they learned.
NEED TO KNOW: CHILDREN’S HEALTH & SAFETY PROCEDURES
STAFF & VOLUNTEERS: Children’s ministry volunteers have gone through an application process, which consists of background checks, reference checks, and safety training.
REGISTRATION – New Children: Parents of children infant – grade 5 will need to complete a “Children’s Ministry Online Registration“. Parents of children with allergies must also complete a TCC “Food Allergy Information“. If a child has an allergy necessitating medication, parents must complete the “Medication Consent“, provide the medication (in the original container) AND provide a doctor’s order form with medication, dosage, and directions (you may use the standard form for the public school system).
CHECK IN – Registered Children: Infant through fifth grade, are checked in before the service. When you arrive at the self check-in station, please print a nametag for your child and a required security “claim tag” which you will need to pick up your children. Directions are above the check-in computer.
ILLNESS: In order to keep TCC a safe and healthy environment, we ask that you not bring children to church if they exhibit any the following: fever, vomiting or diarrhea within last 24 hours, common cold onset until symptoms subside, unexplained rash, pink eye, persistent cough, cloudy nasal discharge, or lice. Children with lice must be treated and cleared by a public school nurse, or local health center before returning to church.
EVACUATION: In the event that the church building needs to be evacuated, parents SHOULD NOT get their children from the Children’s Ministry area. Their small group leaders will escort all children to the designated area outside the church building.